Big mistake of the day? Responding to this message.
“Thank you for the kind message, you seem like a really nice guy. However, you are outside of my age range and it makes me a little uncomfortable that you’re 10 years older than me. Thank you for taking the time to write to me, and good luck on your search!”
I immediately got the following IM’s from him:
- What do you mean it makes you uncomfortable?
- It’s rude of you to assume I would do something to make you uncomfortable.
- What? You can’t handle older guys?
- They too mature for you?
- If you met me you’d see that I don’t act my age. (Thought: How old do you act then?)
- You’re immature, no wonder you wont date older guys.
- They probably all got sick of your shit.
- You should get to know me before deciding you’re uncomfortable. It’s only 10 years.
- You’re just not letting yourself be comfortable with it.
- You’ll never find someone if you don’t give anyone a chance to prove you wrong about your age restriction.
- I didn’t do anything to you. You should give me a chance
These guys, I’m telling you. I just can’t. Why do they always turn psycho weather you turn them down, ignore them, or even answer them? They all start getting really weird. Trying to prove to you why they deserve you.
Why do you do this, guys? Why can’t you take no as an answer and move on to someone who actually wants to be with you? Someone who isn’t immediately reluctant to get to know you based on your age? I know that age is just a number, but right now, your age makes me uncomfortable. I’m sorry that it’s a problem for you, but that doesn’t change the fact that I am uncomfortable with it. Please stop trying to force women into being interested in you. That isn’t the kind of relationship you want. I sure as hell don’t want to wake up every morning having to prove to my guy why he should still be with me. He should still be with me because he loves me, not because I present a good argument as to why he should.
Its funny how he insulted you quite a few times and then still insisted he didn’t do anything to you. I don’t follow that logic.